Relocation companies are business organizations that take care of transporting your car and other home stuffs from an old location towards your new home. These companies are bounded by local and federal policies for their operations and are expected to make sure that you are protected by movers’ rights while taking the best kind of service from them.
What Moving Companies Do
The moment you call their contact numbers, the mover is bound to answer all your queries and [provide you with helpful information when it comes to making a relocation decision. Legitimate movers are capable of doing the following things:
- Identify your point of origin and point of destination. – You will be asked to provide your old and new addresses for them to make a clear estimate of how much fees will you be charged with. The relocation companies can also answer where the shipping will pass through so you can anticipate how much time it will take time to have your things transported.
- Your company will provide an estimate. – Although it takes on-site inspection before they can give you the exact shipment amount, the mover can have at least a rough estimate to give you an idea of how much can you spend.
- The company offers insurance that exceeds your car’s worth. – Insurance coverage would also mean that your care will be in good condition and will be protected along the way.
Things to do Before the Move
Your relocation companies will not do the packing for you. Unless you will have the job covered by the shipment deal, you need to do it on your own. So before the move date, you are expected to do the following to make sure that nothing impedes the travel and you don’t need to pay for extra charges just because you have them wait for you to finish packing.
- Clean out your cupboards, closet and even your car which is to be shipped. Weight is a matter of money so have useless things thrown out or sold for a garage sale.
- Keep detailed records of the things to be shipped. You need to have them counterchecked and inspected before being loaded to the shipping truck.
- Make sure your telephone line is connected during the moving date.
- Compare the company’s inventory with what you have listed down.
- Unpack the things before movers will leave your new home. Make sure everything arrives right as agree upon on the contract..